With energy prices rising and both markets and legislation demanding more efficient engines, optimising the lubrication systems of your powertrain systems is essential to ensuring as efficient and economical vehicle operation as possible.
The Lubrication Systems Modelling packages from Flowmaster enable Automotive Systems Engineers to understand the complex dynamics of an entire lubrication system allowing you to quickly and easily evaluate your lubrication design, to ensure:
- Adequate oil flow to all components, such as bearings, for all operating conditions
- The minimising of friction
- Component sizing optimisation
- Heat management
The Lubrication packages enable you to build models of entire engine and transmission lubrication systems taking into account all the main consumers of oil, e.g. oil pumps, pressure limiting and regulating valves, oil passage ways, bearings, hydraulic lash adjusters, camshaft variable timing devices, chain and belt tensioners and sumps (oil pans).
Standard components that enable you to create your own custom components include:
- Crankshaft drillings, including inertia effects
- T junctions and bends
- Heat exchangers
- Standard and user definable oils
- Journal bearing components that can accommodate direct input from specialised bearing simulation codes, taking into account geometrical effects
- Positive displacement oil pumps
- Relief valves
Click on image to enlarge